Theme : Independence and Interdependence
Week 2.2 : “My Country, My Pride – Interschool Group Presentation Competition”
An Online Contest for School Students
Type of activity : School Level Activities
About the Competition –
ndia will be celebrating its 74th Independence Day on 15th August 2020. At Desh Apnayen, the Independence Day is also the Day of National Importance for the month of August. On this occasion, Desh Apnayen is happy to provide a platform to students from across India to share their vision for an India of their dreams.
Type of Competition – Group Presentation
Selection criteria –
- Schools need to select a team of 4, comprising students from Class 5 to 10 who would like to take part in the competition.
- 10 schools will be selected from each of the 4 zones for the Zonal Round, which will be held on 10th and 11th August.
- From amongst these 40 schools, we will invite 8 schools, i.e., 2 winning schools from each zone, to take part in the Grand Finale Round, which will be held on 13th August 2020.
- The winning school team and the two runners-up will be selected by a special judge.
- Nomination Form for the contest must be filled on _________________________ by the school principal or teacher once they have identified 4 students.
- Each school can nominate only one team.
- Schools will be accepted on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
Time limit for each team – 5 minutes, plus 2 minutes for judge’s questions if any.
Members – 4 students per team
Awards and certificates – E-Certificates to all participants, Award to Zonal winners and Grand finale winners.
We have 2 prizes for each Zonal Round, and 3 prizes for the Grand Finale Round. We also have a viewer’s choice prize for the Grand Finale. We request you to share this invitation with all your students, teachers, families and friends to support your team.
The competition timings and dates: The online competition ‘My Country, My Pride’ will be held on 13th August 2020 from 2 pm to 4 pm. The 5 minute presentation will (a) a comparison of India with one country of their choice on a parameter of their choice, and (b) their ideas on how India could fare much better on the selected parameter to become the India that we dream of, and (c) our role as ACTIZENS to realise this glorious dream.
- Each team will choose from any one of these countries – Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Japan, Pakistan, South Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka.
- Each team will research the status of India with another country on any one of these parameters – Development, economy, governance, legal system, judicial system, freedom of press, health, education, environment and quality of life.
- Prepare your Presentations – Students are welcome to use PowerPoint presentation, video or any tool that accentuates the quality of their presentation and ideas. (no additional time will be given to showcase these presentation ideas. Such material will be included and treated as a part of the entire presentation the limit for which is 5 minutes)
- Rehearse your presentation within your team well in advance
- Participate in Zonal Rounds and put in your best effort to reach to Grand Finale
Evaluation –- On the spot evaluation by Desh Apnayen or External experts from the field